If you're looking to change up your decor to something a bit more glam (understatement of the century) then you've arrived in the right place. In this post we'll show you how to achieve a Hollywood Glam styled interior in just 7 simple steps.
1. Brass Finishes are a great way to sprinkle Hollywood glam into your interior. You can incorporate brass accents into furniture like your coffee table, end tables, bar cart, lamps, wall art, and decorative accessories.
2. Fresh Florals are another item that can always be found in Hollywood Glam interiors. For this style its best to stick with a mono coloured arrangement in a bright colour. As for size and height of your arrangement- the bigger the better- as long as it still looks within scale.
3. Punchy Colours are a signature attribute of Hollywood glam interiors, and they aren't just sparingly used on small decorative items. Bold colours are often used on furniture to add impact and personality to the space. Our favourite place to shop for coloured furniture is West Elm.
4. Black & White Pattern incorporated into textiles like area rugs, furniture fabrics, curtains, and cushions are great ways to add glam, sophistication, and dimension to your space.
5. Gallery Walls with black and white prints displayed in varying in sizes of black frames are a common attribute of Hollywood glam interiors.
6. Mix & Match Art in black & white and varying from abstract prints to photographed prints with human subjects is another great way to achieve this look. Colourful art is used sparingly in this style and is usually mixed in with black and white abstract prints. As for size -the bigger the better- as long as the piece doesn't look out of scale with the rest of your room and adjacent art.
7. Substantial Table Lamps and oversized lighting in general is a must for this style. Look for lamps with chrome, mirrored glass, or brass shafts and black shades.
We hope that you've enjoyed this post. For more great interior design tips and tricks subscribe to our website. If you are in the Calgary area and would like some help achieving this look contact us today.